Old 10-25-2008, 05:35 PM

Default Ubuntu JeOS image for testing?

Hello all,
*
I am hoping to fill the remaining gap in ISO QA INSTALL testing for the latest release - install JeOS under VMware ESX, but I can't find the latest JeOS .iso file to attempt the install. Could someone please give me a pointer?
*
I would have expected it to be here: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
*
Is JeOS being de-emphasised or delayed for some reason?
*
The tests I want to perform are here:
*
amd64 image testing http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/result/2104/267
*
i386 image testing: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/result/2105/268

Also, isn't JeOS 32-bit only?
*
I wonder if the test cases are setup correctly, since there is no relation to amd64/i386 server builds...
*
Shouldn't*JeOS ISO QA INSTALL testing would parallel the i386/amd64 testing, not be part of it?
*
Thanks,
*
Ken

Old 10-25-2008, 06:17 PM
MJang

On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 12:35 -0500, n2vip@verizon.net wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am hoping to fill the remaining gap in ISO QA INSTALL testing for
> the latest release - install JeOS under VMware ESX, but I can't find
> the latest JeOS .iso file to attempt the install. Could someone please
> give me a pointer?

Haven't tried it personally on Intrepid Ibex. But I gather from previous
messages that it's now the "minimal" install of Ubuntu Server.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-25-2008, 08:23 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:17 PM, MJang <mike@mommabears.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 12:35 -0500, n2vip@verizon.net wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am hoping to fill the remaining gap in ISO QA INSTALL testing for
>> the latest release - install JeOS under VMware ESX, but I can't find
>> the latest JeOS .iso file to attempt the install. Could someone please
>> give me a pointer?
>
> Haven't tried it personally on Intrepid Ibex. But I gather from previous
> messages that it's now the "minimal" install of Ubuntu Server.

Exactly.

From the Ubuntu Intrepid server cd, in the bootloader, hit F4.

Thanks,
:-Dustin