Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 AM
Onno Benschop

Default ISO testing

On the blog there was a comment from "Irgendeiner" (which if my German
serves me means "someone" which states:

> It _is_ a shame that the standard testing procedures for server ISO’s
> do not also specify scenarios appropriate for server:
>
> a) Whole disk Raid-1 without LVM
> b) Whole disk Raid-1 with LVM
> c) Whole disk Raid-1 with crypted root, without LVM
> d) Whole disk Raid-1 with crypted root, with LVM
> e) Disk with existing partitions and above.
>
> And yes, such tests must be done on real disks, not only virtual.

I recall that there was a discussion about this at a server-meeting -
IIRC before Hardy release.

I had a quick look through iso.qa.ubuntu.com and through LP, but could
not locate a place where I could make this suggestion, or update the
testing procedure. The wiki page appears to be immutable, so updating it
isn't an option - I didn't try, I figured immutable means what I think
it means.

Comments or suggestions?

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno@itmaze.com.au

Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Mathias Gug

Hi Onno,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 12:30:09PM +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
> On the blog there was a comment from "Irgendeiner" (which if my German
> serves me means "someone" which states:
> >
> > It _is_ a shame that the standard testing procedures for server ISO’s
> > do not also specify scenarios appropriate for server:
> >
> > a) Whole disk Raid-1 without LVM
> > b) Whole disk Raid-1 with LVM
> > c) Whole disk Raid-1 with crypted root, without LVM
> > d) Whole disk Raid-1 with crypted root, with LVM
> > e) Disk with existing partitions and above.
> >
> > And yes, such tests must be done on real disks, not only virtual.
> >

> I recall that there was a discussion about this at a server-meeting -
> IIRC before Hardy release.
>
> I had a quick look through iso.qa.ubuntu.com and through LP, but could
> not locate a place where I could make this suggestion, or update the
> testing procedure. The wiki page appears to be immutable, so updating it
> isn't an option - I didn't try, I figured immutable means what I think
> it means.

The wiki page [1] is editable by anyone. Feel free to add a tests for
these use cases.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Cases/ServerInstall

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Elfy

We need to make a start on testing the dailies we have at the iso tracker.

The tracker for Trusty's daily ISO tests can be found at

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/308/builds

Specific milestone testing requirements will be made to list(s) as
appropriate.

If you need to talk to someone about a testcase/test result please ask
in #xubuntu-devel [1]

Make sure that your tests results and any bugs you find are submitted on
the tracker, that's the only way that we'll know.

ONLY REPORTED TESTS/BUGS COUNT

Thanks

Elfy

[1] http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=xubuntu-devel

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead

Old 11-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Elfy

While lower priority now, we also have package tests if you already have a
trusty install/VM. They can be found at
http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/306/builds/55995/testcases

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Elfy <ub.untu@btinternet.com> wrote:

They are not lower priority.

They are also dealt with in a seperate mail to the list.

Elfy