Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
"James Dinkel"

Default third party support for Ubuntu Server

I thought I would bring this up after reading John Pugh's email response about Tripwire Enterprise supporting Ubuntu Server.* Basically, there are two enterprise-y apps that I wish I could install on Ubuntu Server rather than RedHat Enterprise Linux Server.

The two apps are: Trend Micro Interscan Messaging Security Suite (and any other Trend Micro products for that matter) and EMC's admsnap utility for Clariion SAN equipment.* I've mentioned my displeasure to both for their lack of Ubuntu-love over that past couple years.* If Canonical can do any extra, or if any community members who use this software could put in a word, that would be awesome.

James

Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 PM
"James Dinkel"