Old 12-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Dave Kempe

Default sun t5120 status

Hi Guys,
Just wondering about the Sun T5120
http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/t5120/specs.xml

There are some really impressive numbers there - I want to run ubuntu on
them and it seems like the way to go for my application (spam filters
and web servers).
Does anyone know the status of the LDOM support in ubuntu?
I found an interesting blog post from Dave Miller, but no followup.

Does anyone know what the future support for Hardy will be like for this
architecture? Its not a dead end I hope

Any other gotchas to do with not being able to run certain software etc?

thanks

Dave