Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

Default landscape client?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what benifit do I get of having the landscape client installed on my server if I'm not using Landscape?
*
Jonathan

Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Rick Clark

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 10:01:54 Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Sorry if this has been answered before, but what benifit do I get of having
> the landscape client installed on my server if I'm not using Landscape?
>
> Jonathan

Landscape-client will not be installed by default, but landscape-common will
be. Landscape-common is the library necessary for landscape-sysinfo.
landscape-sysinfo will gather useful information and show it to you on login,
and it is extensible so you can add your own modules.

RIck