Old 09-16-2008, 03:25 AM
"vinod kumar chintalapalli"

Default wireless LAN and accesspoint

Hi!

I would like to have more details on connecting wlan with Dlink adaptor DWA 510 and dlink access point

Kindly suggest any website.

Regards

Vinod

Old 09-16-2008, 04:06 AM
"Jim Tarvid"

This is not an ubuntu-server issue.

That card has sucked up far too much time and effort.

http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=893661

I used an Atheros based Netgear card (it was the plain g card) successfully some time ago. I use an Atheros based PCMCIA card in my notebook all the time.

I have a box full of Frisbees, Broadcoms and others but wouldn't dream of investing any more time on them.

I am not happy with the gnome-network-applet but the cli tools are ok.

I just sampled a couple of Ubiquiti NS2s and am delighted.

Jim

http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net