Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
"Robbins, Archie C"

Default How to apt-get with no internet connection

Title: How to apt-get with no internet connection

I am trying to load apt-get applications to our ubuntu server, but I do not have a internet connection at work for this network.

Can the files from the apt-get be loaded onto a thumb drive, say from home and then loaded on my server at work?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
"Brie Gordon"

2008/9/12 Robbins, Archie C <RobbinsArchie@firestonebp.com>:
> I am trying to load apt-get applications to our ubuntu server, but I do not
> have a internet connection at work for this network.
>
> Can the files from the apt-get be loaded onto a thumb drive, say from home
> and then loaded on my server at work?

This looks like a good description of how to do this:
http://jedrm.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/howto-updateinstallupgrade-a-debian-box-with-no-internet/

Brie A. Gordon
Administradora de Sistemas y Ingeniera de LAN

Old 09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Nicolas Valcárcel

You can use APTonCD [1] project.

1. http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 10:54 -0400, Brie Gordon wrote:
> 2008/9/12 Robbins, Archie C <RobbinsArchie@firestonebp.com>:
> > I am trying to load apt-get applications to our ubuntu server, but I do not
> > have a internet connection at work for this network.
> >
> > Can the files from the apt-get be loaded onto a thumb drive, say from home
> > and then loaded on my server at work?
> >
> > --
> >

> This looks like a good description of how to do this:
> http://jedrm.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/howto-updateinstallupgrade-a-debian-box-with-no-internet/
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Brie A. Gordon
> Administradora de Sistemas y Ingeniera de LAN

--
Nicolas Valcárcel
Security Engineer
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Key fingerprint = BCE4 27A0 D03E 55DE DA2D BE06 891D 8DEE 6545 97FE
gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 654597FE