-   -   Intrepid server doesn't detect SATA CD-ROM (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/154814-intrepid-server-doesnt-detect-sata-cd-rom.html)

Michael Hipp 09-05-2008 03:56 PM

Intrepid server doesn't detect SATA CD-ROM

I'm trying to test the latest intrepid 386 server CD. It boots and loads the
installer from my SATA CD-ROM but when it gets to the 'Detect and mount CD-ROM'
step it says it failed and I've tried all the available options with no joy.

I've loaded various Ubuntu images on this machine before and don't remember
ever having this problem.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Michael

Here's what I downloaded:
intrepid-server-i386.iso 03-Sep-2008 10:31 597M Server install CD for
PC (Intel x86) computers (standard download)

Michael Hipp 09-08-2008 05:01 PM

Michael Hipp wrote:
> I'm trying to test the latest intrepid 386 server CD. It boots and loads the
> installer from my SATA CD-ROM but when it gets to the 'Detect and mount CD-ROM'
> step it says it failed and I've tried all the available options with no joy.
>
> I've loaded various Ubuntu images on this machine before and don't remember
> ever having this problem.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> Here's what I downloaded:
> intrepid-server-i386.iso 03-Sep-2008 10:31 597M Server install CD for
> PC (Intel x86) computers (standard download)

Filed a bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/267838

Michael