-   -   Server Team 20080902 meeting minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/152863-server-team-20080902-meeting-minutes.html)

Mathias Gug 09-02-2008 05:16 PM

Server Team 20080902 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080902.

==== Ubuntu VM builder ====

soren uploaded his rework of ubuntu-vm-builder. The package has been renamed
to vm-builder. It is waiting in the NEW queue to be processed by an archive
administrator. nijaba has started to write up a tutorial based on the bzr
branch of vm-builder. He plans to put it on the Ubuntu help wiki.

ACTION: soren to write a blog post about vm-builder once it's available in the
archive

ACTION: sommer to update the virtualization section of the server guide with
references to the new ubuntu-vm-builder

ACTION: nijaba to write a tutorial on vm-builder and put it on the help wiki

ACTION: soren to ping UWN editor to get a paragraph about vm-builder in UWN

==== Tomcat6 server stack support ====

Koon wrote up a blog post which has been published on the ubuntuserver blog.
mathiaz asked about the state of the patches to reduce the pulled in
dependencies. Koon reported that two of them are left and doko was looking at
them.

==== Review ServerGuide for Intrepid ====

sommer added a support paragraph[1] to the server guide. He also reported that
the ldap sections had been updated to cover the new cn=config backend. mathiaz
reminded that sections that needed reviews were listed in support
paragraph[1]. Reviews can be conducted either online on support paragraph[1]
or by checking out a bzr branch of the documentation as outlined in the
support paragraph[1].

ACTION: kirkland to review the RAID section of the server guide

ACTION: mathiaz to review the ldap section of the server guide

ACTION: sommer to specify the review work on the Roadmap

[1]: http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/ubuntu-support.html

==== Ubuntu Server survey ====

nijaba reported that a host had been provided for the server survey. He is
looking for volunteers to check that everything is fine before the launch and
start the announce as planned on the wiki. He thinks a good launch date could
be Mon, September the 22nd. Anyone interested in helping out should contact
him[2].

[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NicolasBarcet

==== UFW Package Integration ====

jdstrand reported that ufw had been uploaded before Feature Freeze. Thanks to
the good work of nxvl and didrocks support for ufw has been added to almost
all packages from the server tasksel list. mathiaz asked if the the firewall
section[3] of the server guide had to be updated.

ACTION: jdstrand to review the firewall section of the ubuntu server guide

[3]: http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/firewall.html

==== Alpha 5 and Feature Freeze ====

mathiaz reminded that alpha5 is scheduled for Thursday this week. Testing of
the -server isos will be asked up to the release. He also added that now that
Feature Freeze is in effect the development team is focusing on bug fixing and
testing.

==== Clamav and Spamassass in Main ====

nealmcb asked about the state of clamav and spamassassin in intrepid.
According to the wiki page[4] all the MIRs have been written.

[4]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClamavSpamassassinInMain

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 9th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-
meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Scott Kitterman 09-02-2008 05:22 PM

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:16:48 -0400 Mathias Gug <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with

>the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080902.

>==== Clamav and Spamassass in Main ====
>
>nealmcb asked about the state of clamav and spamassassin in intrepid.
>According to the wiki page[4] all the MIRs have been written.
>
>[4]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClamavSpamassassinInMain

This is correct. I expect now that piti is back from holiday, we'll see
some additional action on this front.

Sorry I couldn't attend the meeting.

Scott K

Scott Kitterman 09-02-2008 05:22 PM