-   -   Ubuntu JeOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/152132-ubuntu-jeos.html)

Marcus Young 09-01-2008 11:27 AM

Ubuntu JeOS

I am not sure that this is the right list for this question? I have just been working on developing a simple java application appliance (vmware) using Ubuntu JeOS. The application runs against PostgreSQL. So:

I built a JeOS server, updated and upgraded, installed Java 1.5 and Openssl and then installed Postgresql. The issue is that the database seems to error during the start up process. That is the boot screen lists the state as "fail" rather than "ok". However, if I logon and give it a few seconds it appears to have started correctly. I thought that it may have something to do with DNS lookups or certs (there were errors in the logs) but have eliminated these possibilities. I should say that the problem is intermitant - although it is listed as "fail" on most boot ups.

any advise / guidance appreciated

Marcus