Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
tacone

Default Fwd: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Sending again, as I forgot to reply to the list. Sorry.

From: tacone <tacone@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker
To: Kat Kinnie <kat.kinnie@canonical.com>

Hello, this is my proposal. The downside is that someway it looks like
kubuntu logo, but i like the overall effect anyway.

Cheers,

Stefano

Old 08-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Onno Benschop

On 29/08/08 16:51, tacone wrote:
> Sending again, as I forgot to reply to the list. Sorry.
>
> From: tacone <tacone@gmx.net>
> Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM
> Subject: Re: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker
> To: Kat Kinnie <kat.kinnie@canonical.com>
>

> Hello, this is my proposal. The downside is that someway it looks like
> kubuntu logo, but i like the overall effect anyway.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefano

That's really funny, here is what I sent to Kat a day and a half ago...

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S3154'06" - E11550'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno@itmaze.com.au

Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM
tacone

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Onno Benschop <onno@itmaze.com.au> wrote:
> On 29/08/08 16:51, tacone wrote:
>> Sending again, as I forgot to reply to the list. Sorry.
>>
>> From: tacone <tacone@gmx.net>
>> Date: Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM
>> Subject: Re: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker
>> To: Kat Kinnie <kat.kinnie@canonical.com>
>>

>> Hello, this is my proposal. The downside is that someway it looks like
>> kubuntu logo, but i like the overall effect anyway.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stefano
>>
> That's really funny, here is what I sent to Kat a day and a half ago...

Yes, quite the same concept.
Well, it's not very original perhaps, but communicates the idea quite
well imho.

Anyways, I took a tester with no idea and showed to him my logo
without explaining what it is about. He guessed it was about
something 'networking' related. When I explained to him it was about
virtualization he eventually agreed that the logo could pretty fit
"virtualization" also.

As an eventual slogan I'd just put: "Ubuntu: world's class
virtualization support"

Cheers,

Stefano

Old 08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Scott Kitterman

Doesn't Ubuntu have artwork channels for conversations like this?

Scott K