-   -   Ideas for a Virtualization sticker (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/149720-ideas-virtualization-sticker.html)

Kat Kinnie 08-27-2008 03:12 PM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Hi all,

Hope you are well.

At the moment we are planning for VMWorld which we will be attending
15th - 18th Sep.

We are thinking of producing a virtualization sticker to hand out at the
event from our booth and wondered whether you guys had any ideas for a
cool slogan or sticker design?

Ideally it just needs to link Ubuntu and Virtualization in a
fun/cool/interesting way and ideally incorporate the Ubuntu logo,
leaving it untouched/adhering to the logo guidelines.

If we're going to produce this in time, we need to turn the design and
printing around quite quickly. Therefore could you let me know if you
have any ideas by the end of the day on Monday 1st September.

There will be Ubuntu goodies up for grabs for the best idea.

Thanks,

Kat

--
Kat Kinnie

Marketing Manager | Tel +44 207 630 2479 | kat.kinnie@canonical.com

27th Floor | 21-24 Millbank Tower | Millbank | London | SW1P 4QP

Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com | www.canonical.com

Mike Lane 08-28-2008 05:39 AM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Is there any specific shape that you are looking for? Round or rectangle, for example?

Kat Kinnie 08-28-2008 08:34 AM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Not necessarily, I'm just looking for generic ideas.

Thanks,

Kat

Mike Lane 08-29-2008 06:10 AM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Here's an*idea. A bottle of sauce with an ubuntu logo label and these words:

*

Ubuntu: open sauce for virtualization.

> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:12:44 +0100
> From: kat.kinnie@canonical.com
> To: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker
>
> Hi all,
>
> Hope you are well.
>
> At the moment we are planning for VMWorld which we will be attending
> 15th - 18th Sep.
>
> We are thinking of producing a virtualization sticker to hand out at the
> event from our booth and wondered whether you guys had any ideas for a
> cool slogan or sticker design?
>
> Ideally it just needs to link Ubuntu and Virtualization in a
> fun/cool/interesting way and ideally incorporate the Ubuntu logo,
> leaving it untouched/adhering to the logo guidelines.
>
> If we're going to produce this in time, we need to turn the design and
> printing around quite quickly. Therefore could you let me know if you
> have any ideas by the end of the day on Monday 1st September.
>
> There will be Ubuntu goodies up for grabs for the best idea.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kat
>
> --
> Kat Kinnie
>
> Marketing Manager | Tel +44 207 630 2479 | kat.kinnie@canonical.com
>
> 27th Floor | 21-24 Millbank Tower | Millbank | London | SW1P 4QP
>
> Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com | www.canonical.com

Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now

Mike Lane 08-29-2008 06:41 AM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Ubuntu logo as a crop circle - something like attached.

*

Ubuntu: Virtualization for humans

> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:12:44 +0100
> From: kat.kinnie@canonical.com
> To: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Ideas for a Virtualization sticker
>
> Hi all,
>
> Hope you are well.
>
> At the moment we are planning for VMWorld which we will be attending
> 15th - 18th Sep.
>
> We are thinking of producing a virtualization sticker to hand out at the
> event from our booth and wondered whether you guys had any ideas for a
> cool slogan or sticker design?
>
> Ideally it just needs to link Ubuntu and Virtualization in a
> fun/cool/interesting way and ideally incorporate the Ubuntu logo,
> leaving it untouched/adhering to the logo guidelines.
>
> If we're going to produce this in time, we need to turn the design and
> printing around quite quickly. Therefore could you let me know if you
> have any ideas by the end of the day on Monday 1st September.
>
> There will be Ubuntu goodies up for grabs for the best idea.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kat
>
> --
> Kat Kinnie
>
> Marketing Manager | Tel +44 207 630 2479 | kat.kinnie@canonical.com
>
> 27th Floor | 21-24 Millbank Tower | Millbank | London | SW1P 4QP
>
> Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com | www.canonical.com

Find out how to make Messenger your very own TV! Try it Now!

Mike Lane 08-29-2008 06:54 AM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker

Got Ubuntu? Virtualization that's good for you ...

"Owen Townend" 08-29-2008 07:06 AM

2008/8/28 Kat Kinnie <kat.kinnie@canonical.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Hope you are well.
>
> At the moment we are planning for VMWorld which we will be attending
> 15th - 18th Sep.
>
> We are thinking of producing a virtualization sticker to hand out at the
> event from our booth and wondered whether you guys had any ideas for a
> cool slogan or sticker design?
>
> Ideally it just needs to link Ubuntu and Virtualization in a
> fun/cool/interesting way and ideally incorporate the Ubuntu logo,
> leaving it untouched/adhering to the logo guidelines.
>
> If we're going to produce this in time, we need to turn the design and
> printing around quite quickly. Therefore could you let me know if you
> have any ideas by the end of the day on Monday 1st September.
>
> There will be Ubuntu goodies up for grabs for the best idea.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kat

Hey,
Virtualisation could be seen as placing all of your eggs in one basket[0],
so perhaps a (Hardy) Heron sitting on a basket (or nest) full of eggs
with a tagline along the lines of:
'Ubuntu: Support your Virtual Assets'... or similar[1].

Cheers,
Owen.

Footnotes
--
[0] Yes there are backups and redundancy etc, but the allusion, I
believe, is apt.

"James Dinkel" 08-29-2008 01:41 PM

Ideas for a Virtualization sticker