Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default Server Team 20080812 meeting minutes

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:50:16 +0200 Soren Hansen <soren@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>>I see it there just fine..
>> I found it eventually. Apparently the web U/I got confused about
>> where to find it. It's in the PPA pool, but there wasn't a link from
>> the PPA's page.
>
>I'm looking at it *right* now on the PPA's page. If I expand either of
>the two ebox-mail packages, and look at the list of files (the "Download
>files from Librarian" section), it's the last entry of each of them.
>This is on edge, though. I don't know if it's different on non-edge.

There was a new upload about an hour ago and it's there on non-edge too now.

Scott K

Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Scott Kitterman

Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Tim Gardner

Mathias Gug wrote:

> ==== ISV's - VMware on Gutsy and Hardy ====
>
> owh asked about the state of the vmware-server package available from
> Canonical's partner archive. A version for hardy hasn't been released yet.
> dendrobates stated that kernel abi changes are problematic and we are trying
> to reduce them to make it easier.

One of the topics up for discussion at the mid-September kernel sprint
is the possibility of maintaining a stable Hardy kernel that will suffer
ABI bumps only when absolutely necessary (such as for important security
updates), and a desktop kernel to which we apply SRU fixes as often as
needed (primarily for hardware enablement and hardware related bug fixes).

In the meantime, one option for ABI dependent ISV software is to package
using DKMS which can be triggered to rebuild whenever the ABI changes.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com