Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
"Rudi Ahlers"

Default how do I install Ubuntu as a xen domU guest on CentOS / Fedora server?

Hi all

Does anyone know, or have a working tutorial / guideline on how to install Ubuntu (7.10 or 8.04) as a xen domU guest on a CentOS (5.1) or Fedora Core (8) server?

I do realize that the two distro's differ a lot, and the installation procedures are also very different, but I'd really like to be able to have an Ubuntu Virtual Machine on my CentOS server.

So,if anyone can give me some pointers, it would be highly appreciated
--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 AM
"Thomas E. Maleshafske"

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know, or have a working tutorial / guideline on how to install
> Ubuntu (7.10 or 8.04) as a xen domU guest on a CentOS (5.1) or Fedora Core
> (8) server?
>
> I do realize that the two distro's differ a lot, and the installation
> procedures are also very different, but I'd really like to be able to have
> an Ubuntu Virtual Machine on my CentOS server.
>
> So,if anyone can give me some pointers, it would be highly appreciated
>
> --
>
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers

If you installed xen-tools, you can execute the following command and it should
give you a list of all distributions that you can install.

ls -l /usr/lib/xen-tool

Let me know if you need any additional help.

V/R
Thomas E. Maleshafske
tmaleshafske@maleshafske.com
http://www.maleshafske.com
Helping People Take Control over Their Computer!