Old 12-05-2007, 02:45 AM
"Aaron C. de Bruyn"

Default Donate domains?

A while back I ran across a site that 'owned' a bunch of domains related to open source and they would let you use one of the domains if you had an open source project relating to the domain name.

After a bunch of googling I can't find the site anymore.

But the point is that I have 24 domains that I registered at one point or another with the intent of doing a few open source projects. I've held on to them for a few years, but I've finally come to the conclusion that I have no time and might not ever get around to using them

So I'm wondering if anyone here would benefit from them.

I have no terms or strings attached. Unlike the other site I first mentioned, I would *transfer* the ownership of the domain to whomever could show me a good project idea relating to the domain. A couple are about to expire, but most of them have about 6-12 months remaining.

I doubt they would be beneficial directly to the Ubuntu project, but instead for developers who are working on other projects or looking for a few ideas.

If more than one person wants a domain I'll give preference to Ubuntu developers and then first-come first-serve.

c180.net
c180.org
firegpg.net
firegpg.org