Old 06-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Michael Hipp

Default 8.04.1 still on?

Is there still planned to be a "point" release of LTS in July? [1]

I need to build a couple of servers, but am in no great hurry. Should I wait
until .1 is in hand?

Thanks,
Michael

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule

Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:15:26 -0500 Michael Hipp <Michael@Hipp.com> wrote:

>Is there still planned to be a "point" release of LTS in July? [1]
>
>I need to build a couple of servers, but am in no great hurry. Should I
wait
>until .1 is in hand?

Yes.

8.04 + plus updates = 8.04.1 so if installing 8.04 works for you, there's
really no reason to wait. You'll end up in the same place.

Scott K