Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 PM
"Luke L"

Default this list's mailman header

Filter by address, I guess. That's what I do.
--
Luke L.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Carsten Aulbert

Hi,

Luke L wrote:
> Filter by address, I guess. That's what I do.

no, always try to filter by 'List-Id'.

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institut für Gravitationsphysik
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany

Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Serge van Ginderachter

----- "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

> Yes. Many people strongly dislike it and this is the standard
> configuration
> for Ubuntu mailing lists. As with the previous thread on reply-to,
> there is
> no single right answer for this. Some people will be unhappy no
> matter which
> way it's set up. This is the way that Ubuntu picked.

I am subscribed to other lists @lists.ubuntu.com and this server list is the only ine that does not dot it, hence my question.

Serge

Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Serge van Ginderachter

----- "Carsten Aulbert" <carsten.aulbert@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Luke L wrote:
> > Filter by address, I guess. That's what I do.
>
> no, always try to filter by 'List-Id'.

That's what I do, and filtering is not the issue. Please re-read my OP.
It's about visually skimming through the messages in my mail foders.

Serge

Serge van Ginderachter http://www.vanginderachter.be/

Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf

Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 09:45, Serge van Ginderachter wrote:
> ----- "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> > Yes. Many people strongly dislike it and this is the standard
> > configuration
> > for Ubuntu mailing lists. As with the previous thread on reply-to,
> > there is
> > no single right answer for this. Some people will be unhappy no
> > matter which
> > way it's set up. This is the way that Ubuntu picked.
>
> I am subscribed to other lists @lists.ubuntu.com and this server list is
> the only ine that does not dot it, hence my question.

Odd. I'm not subscribed to any Ubuntu lists that do do it. It may be that
development lists don't do it, user lists do, and this one tends to server
both purposes (which wasn't always the case). IIRC it was started as a
development list.

I bit of guessing in that, but I suspect that's the answer.

Scott K

Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Ante Karamatic

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:45:58 +0200 (CEST)
Serge van Ginderachter <serge@vanginderachter.be> wrote:

> I am subscribed to other lists @lists.ubuntu.com and this server
> list is the only ine that does not dot it, hence my question.

I'm subscribed to couple of them and none of them rewrites subject;
ubuntu-kernel, ubuntu-devel, ubuntu-translators, ubuntu-changes,
ubuntu-motu...

So, 'the only one' isn't quite true...

Old 06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Serge van Ginderachter

----- "Ante Karamatic" <ivoks@grad.hr> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:45:58 +0200 (CEST)
> Serge van Ginderachter <serge@vanginderachter.be> wrote:
>
> > I am subscribed to other lists @lists.ubuntu.com and this server
> > list is the only ine that does not dot it, hence my question.
>
> I'm subscribed to couple of them and none of them rewrites subject;
> ubuntu-kernel, ubuntu-devel, ubuntu-translators, ubuntu-changes,
> ubuntu-motu...
>
> So, 'the only one' isn't quite true...

It's the only one *I* am subscribed to. That is very true ;-)

Never mind though, I was jusk asking.

Serge