Old 06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Serge van Ginderachter

Default this list's mailman header

Hi,

Is there a particular reason why the subject of messages posted through this list is not rewritten with the typical [<servername>] tag prefixing the original subject?

(I tend to group some lists in one mail client folder, and skimming through the messages is easier when seeing wich lists a thread belongs to.)

Serge

Serge van Ginderachter http://www.vanginderachter.be/

Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf

Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 07:52, Serge van Ginderachter wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there a particular reason why the subject of messages posted through
> this list is not rewritten with the typical [<servername>] tag prefixing
> the original subject?
>
> (I tend to group some lists in one mail client folder, and skimming through
> the messages is easier when seeing wich lists a thread belongs to.)

Yes. Many people strongly dislike it and this is the standard configuration
for Ubuntu mailing lists. As with the previous thread on reply-to, there is
no single right answer for this. Some people will be unhappy no matter which
way it's set up. This is the way that Ubuntu picked.

Scott K