Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

Default Server Team 20080604 meeting minutes

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> There appear to be things missing off of the list from what was discussed
> at UDS. How does the community add to this? Unless I missed a button
> somwhere, my LP foo is no longer sufficient to create a new spec.

Scott-

I think *anyone* can create a blueprint, starting at this page:
* https://blueprints.launchpad.net/

Look for a blue, "Register a Blueprint" button.

I, too, was confused by a lack of that button on several pages from
which I expected to see that button. Namely on "My Blueprints" page,
as well as the the Ubuntu Server blueprints page.

If this describes your situation, and you think that button should be
added elsewhere, perhaps you can add a comment to this bug:
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/blueprint/+bug/120582

:-Dustin

Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Dan Shearer

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:53:35PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> I think *anyone* can create a blueprint, starting at this page:
> * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/

I agree.

> I, too, was confused by a lack of that button on several pages from

There's more confusion when you try to associate it with a project, you
first create the blueprint and then select "subscribe someone else" on
the left hand side.

There is also a moinmoin template to use when creating the corresponding
wiki page, I'll be doing that next exciting step tonight.

But on the whole, a great idea.

--
Dan Shearer
dan@shearer.org

Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Dan Shearer <dan@shearer.org> wrote:
> There is also a moinmoin template to use when creating the corresponding
> wiki page, I'll be doing that next exciting step tonight.

True.

For completeness, that url is:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec

:-Dustin

Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Neal McBurnett

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:04:30PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Dan Shearer <dan@shearer.org> wrote:
> > There is also a moinmoin template to use when creating the corresponding
> > wiki page, I'll be doing that next exciting step tonight.
>
> For completeness, that url is:
> * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec

Matthew East and I noticed that the proper way to do this, via
something named xxxTemplate, wasn't there. Matthew dug up a recent
version of SpecTemplate and put it back up. It also shows up in the
list of available templates when you create a new page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecTemplate

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett http://mcburnett.org/neal/

Old 06-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Thursday 05 June 2008 14:58, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:51:13 -0400 Mathias Gug <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
> >
> >the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080604.
> >

> >==== State of specifications ====
> >
> >mathiaz reminded that the deadline for specifications is tomorrow
> >(Thursday, June 5th) and that the approver should be set to dendrobates
> >in LP. ScottK and neallmcb wondered if there was a list of blueprints
> >targeted for intrepid somewhere. dendrobates said that such a list would
> >be available next week under the ubuntu-server launchpad blueprints [1].
> >Once the list is finalized mathiaz will add them to the Ubuntu Server
> >Team Roadmap [2].
> >
> >[1]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/
> >[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Roadmap
>
> There appear to be things missing off of the list from what was discussed
> at UDS. How does the community add to this? Unless I missed a button
> somwhere, my LP foo is no longer sufficient to create a new spec.
>
> Scott K

So the Launchpad UI is up to its usual standards. There was in fact a way I
could do it (as suggested). I've now added:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-flavors

Scott K

Old 06-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Dan Shearer

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:04:30PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Dan Shearer <dan@shearer.org> wrote:
> > There is also a moinmoin template to use when creating the corresponding
> > wiki page, I'll be doing that next exciting step tonight.
>
> True.
>
> For completeness, that url is:
> * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec

That tells you how to write a Spec. To actually use the template you add
a new page in the wiki, then click on SpecTemplate instead of "Create
Page". That will give you a new page based on that template with the
name you chose.

--
Dan Shearer
dan@shearer.org