Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 PM
"Brandt, Todd E"

Default Moblin Applets Update

This is what we're going to have ready in terms of moblin applets by end
of next week.

Date&Time:
* No changes for Beta2
* Beta3 changes are:
* remove password prompt
* Remove Date&Time change from drop-down calendar
* Timezone = finger scrollable list
* Time = popup dialog to set time
* remove configuration fields
* Remove: Help btn, Synchronize Now
Keybindings:
* renamed to "buttons"
* will use moko finger scroller
* better organization for the shortcuts
* will support: Home, Web Browser, Photos, Videos, Music,
Chat, Email, Calculator, screen brightness up, down, and
minmax
Toggle, and volume up, down, and mute.
Keyboard properties:
* renamed to "Keyboard"
* all tabes removed except virtual keyboard settings tab
* will focus entirely on the virtual keyboard
* will use moko finger scroller to select layouts
Screen Resolution:
* removed for beta2
Font:
* removed for beta2
Network Configuration:
* removed for beta2
System Monitor:
* renamed to "About Device"
* will have only one tab, showing the hardware characteristics
Sound Mixer:
* renamed to "volume"
* will have 3 tabs: speakers, headphones, and microphone
* each tab will have two sliders for left and right with a sync
button
* each tab will have a mute
Touchscreen:
* should no longer need root access
* should have better looking UI
* will have a prompt for X restart and restart X
* will have cross-platform xorg file support
Network Proxy:
* renamed to "Proxy"
* will have better scroll buttons for the port numbers.
About Me:
* will have one tab for purely personal info, name, address, and
phone
Background:
* will have a moko finger scroller for selecting the pictures
* will be organized better for 1024x600 resolution
Battery Indicator:
* will will have a battery level indicator in the status bar

| Todd Brandt - Intel Oregon |
|Linux for Mobile Internet Devices (MID)|
| 2111 W NE 25th Ave |
| Hillsboro, OR 97124 JF1-235 |
| "Of all the things I've lost, I miss |
| my mind the most" - Mark Twain |

Old 01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
"Brandt, Todd E"

* BUGS FIXED

* BUG: "Make default for this ..." checkbox on screen resolution
dialog doesn't take effect
BUGLINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/moblin-applets/+bug/179795
FIX: That checkbox just affected where the settings were stored in
the gconf tree. It was pretty much useless for MID so I completely
removed it from the dialog.

* BUG: "Cannot save resolution change after restart hildon-desktop or
system"
BUGLINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/moblin-applets/+bug/179792
FIX: The fix is in 0.25, basically I changed the gconf keys over to
moblin specific settings. Then I added a reader into
moblin-settings-daemon which picks up the last resolution and
rotation
settings and applies them during moblin-settings-daemon launch.

* BUG: "Cannot show battery life status by clicking Battery life icon
on status bar"
BUGLINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/moblin-applets/+bug/176829
FIX: I added a pulldown which shows the percent charged, and if the
device supports the battery.charge_level.rate ACPI event and
corresponding HAL property, the remaining charge time or remaining
battery time.

* BUG: "Usability: can edit keyboard shortcut with symbol such as : ,"
BUGLINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/moblin-applets/+bug/179004
FIX: I don't want to filter on what a user *can* use, since there
may be unknown hardware buttons mapped into part of the ascii
range of the keycode space, but I think it may be prudent to
filter out the whole range of printable ascii characters.
i.e. whatever passes g_ascii_isprint can't be bound.

* BUG: "Usability: Suggest to change Background dialog "Finish" button

to "Close" to be consistent with other applets dialog"
BUGLINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/moblin-applets/+bug/179788
FIX: Done