Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
"Steve Paine"

Default Release date of Ubuntu Mobile.

Hi All.

I've had a few people asking about Ubuntu Mobile on the UMPCPortal forums and checking through monthly reports and IRC meeting notes I can't really find any concrete info on when UME is going to be available. On the Wiki you have:

We are targeting our first release slightly after Ubuntu 8.04
Could someone let me know the status so I can update people on the portal?

Regards
Steve.

--
Steve Paine
Promoting MIDs, UMPCs and Netbooks to

150,000 people per month through UMPCportal.com

Old 04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Loc Minier

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008, Steve Paine wrote:
> We are targeting our first release slightly after Ubuntu 8.04
>
> Could someone let me know the status so I can update people on the portal?

The candidate date for a first release would be in about a month;
please note though that:
- this might still move a bit
- this initial release wont be an "end-user product" like Ubuntu is,
but more something like a technical platform on which to build mobile
distros
- the currently targetted hardware is still quite rare

--
Loc Minier

Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
"Steve Paine"

Thanks Loic.

I'll relay that info into the forums. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people interested in testing it out. I know some of them have already started playing with the image creator.

Good luck in getting the last elements together. Will we be seeing Ubuntu Mobile with Intel at Computex?

Regards
Steve.