Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Bryce Harrington

Default New -psb package

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 06:23:36PM +0000, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:00:31AM -0500, Tony Espy wrote:
> > The only way I know how to build 'lpia' packages is to use debuild
> > within an image-creator project chroot.
> >
> > This requires you to either build a menlow image from scratch and use
> > it's project chroot, or import a saved project into image-creator and
> > use it's chroot.
>
> "debuild -alpia" in an Ubuntu/i386 environment should work for simple
> cases, exploiting the fact that i386 binaries will run on LPIA.

Ahh, that sounds like a useful approach, I'll try that next time.

The approach I ended up taking was to just install everything necessary
to development on the menlow box itself, then logged into it and ran
debuild there locally. Was time consuming to set up, but after it was
working, hacking and testing the code went quite smoothly.

I did notice that I could not specify deb-src locations in
/etc/apt/sources.list, so couldn't just do
apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-psb
but I was able to manually apt-get install all the required bits and
pieces by hand.

Bryce