FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Emmet Hikory
 
Default Call for Meeting time preferences for weekly IRC Meeting

For the past several months, we have held IRC meetings at 13:00
UTC on Tuesdays. Some attendees have expressed a desire to move to a
more convenient time, while others find that time very convenient. In
the interests of ensuring that the meeting time is largely convenient
for the majority of attendees, I'd like to request that those
interested in attending the meeting regularly please send their
current timezone and most convenient hours (on Tuesdays) to me
privately. I'll collate, summarise, and report to the list on which
times are least bad for the majority of respondees.

Thank you.

--
Emmet HIKORY

--
Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile
 
Old 02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
David Mandala
 
Default Call for Meeting time preferences for weekly IRC Meeting

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> For the past several months, we have held IRC meetings at 13:00
> UTC on Tuesdays. Some attendees have expressed a desire to move to a
> more convenient time, while others find that time very convenient. In
> the interests of ensuring that the meeting time is largely convenient
> for the majority of attendees, I'd like to request that those
> interested in attending the meeting regularly please send their
> current timezone and most convenient hours (on Tuesdays) to me
> privately. I'll collate, summarise, and report to the list on which
> times are least bad for the majority of respondees.
>
> Thank you.
>
22:00 UTC looks the least objectionable to me. No one is up later then
midnight, no one is up earlier then 06:00.

06:00 Shanghai
07:00 Tokyo
09:00 Sydney
23:00 Europe
22:00 London
17:00 Boston
16:00 Dallas
14:00 Portland

Next best is 05:00 UTC

13:00 Shanghai
14:00 Tokyo
17:00 Sydney
07:00 Europe
06:00 London
01:00 Boston
00:00:00 Dallas
22:00 Portland

I vote 22:00 UTC myself

--
David Mandala <davidm at canonical dot com>
http://www.canonical.com/ Public Key id: 45B2D952
Murphy TX, 75094 +1.214.774.2569 O +1.972.693.4007 C

--
Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile
 
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Jamie Bennett
 
Default Call for Meeting time preferences for weekly IRC Meeting

On 16 Feb 2010, at 13:48, David Mandala <david.mandala@canonical.com>
wrote:
> 22:00 UTC looks the least objectionable to me. No one is up later
> then
> midnight, no one is up earlier then 06:00.
>
> 06:00 Shanghai
> 07:00 Tokyo
> 09:00 Sydney
> 23:00 Europe
> 22:00 London
> 17:00 Boston
> 16:00 Dallas
> 14:00 Portland
>
> Next best is 05:00 UTC
>
> 13:00 Shanghai
> 14:00 Tokyo
> 17:00 Sydney
> 07:00 Europe
> 06:00 London
> 01:00 Boston
> 00:00:00 Dallas
> 22:00 Portland
>
> I vote 22:00 UTC myself

For purely selfish reasons having a meeting at 23:00 (UTC +1 when
daylight savings kick in) isn't great for families who rise very
early. It will be even worse for asac and ogra. But if that's the only
convenient time then OK.

Regards,
Jamie.

--
Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile
 
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Michael Casadevall
 
Default Call for Meeting time preferences for weekly IRC Meeting

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 05:34:15PM +0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2010, at 13:48, David Mandala <david.mandala@canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > 22:00 UTC looks the least objectionable to me. No one is up later
> > then
> > midnight, no one is up earlier then 06:00.
> >
> > 06:00 Shanghai
> > 07:00 Tokyo
> > 09:00 Sydney
> > 23:00 Europe
> > 22:00 London
> > 17:00 Boston
> > 16:00 Dallas
> > 14:00 Portland
> >
> > Next best is 05:00 UTC
> >
> > 13:00 Shanghai
> > 14:00 Tokyo
> > 17:00 Sydney
> > 07:00 Europe
> > 06:00 London
> > 01:00 Boston
> > 00:00:00 Dallas
> > 22:00 Portland
> >
> > I vote 22:00 UTC myself
>
> For purely selfish reasons having a meeting at 23:00 (UTC +1 when
> daylight savings kick in) isn't great for families who rise very
> early. It will be even worse for asac and ogra. But if that's the only
> convenient time then OK.
>
> Regards,
> Jamie.
>
I'll vote for 22:00 UTC here too, but I have no strong objection to
05:00 UTC, although I can't speak if other members of the US Eastern
Seaboard would be objection to 01:00am meeting.
Michael

> --
> Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
> Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile

--
Ubuntu-mobile mailing list
Ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-mobile
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org