Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Paul Larson

Default Pairwise install testing for armel images

For anyone who has armel boards with install images available for lucid
on http://cdimage.ubuntu.com, you may be interested in a new test effort
that is underway to increase the frequency and coverage of installer
testing for these images. The methods employed are based on the
assumption that most bugs become visible when testing with a combination
of two or fewer factors. This is commonly referred to as pairwise[1]
testing.

The tests that are targeted are listed on iso tracker under the Ubuntu
ARM[2] section - but only in between milestone images. The idea is to
try to test all of these combinations on some daily image between
milestone images. That way, we are much less likely to hit installer
problems *at* milestone images.

If anyone has boards that support the images available and a few spare
cycle, please consider running through a few of the tests and posting
your results on iso tracker.

Thanks,
Paul Larson

[1] http://www.mcdowella.demon.co.uk/allPairs.html
[2] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuarm/all

Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Paul Larson

There has been a small change to the previous message I sent about this.
This testing is now tracked on:
http://pairwise.qa.ubuntu.com

Right now, only armel images are set up for this testing, but this may
be expanded to include other images in the future.

Thanks,
Paul Larson