Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Jamie Bennett

Default Mobile Team Weekly Summary, 2009-12-18

= Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett) =
== This week ==
* Continued on with the Casper investigations. Talked with
interested parties to identify the area's of interest. Possible
low hanging fruit is disable_guest_account which could be sped
up by about 6.5 seconds.
* Tracked down the major cause of slowness for Casper, that of
debconf-communicate. Straced, timestamped and looked at this
with the conclusion that loading the templates.dat file takes
around 4 seconds for every debconf-communicate call. Massive win
to get this sped up so identified ways of tackling it. Needs
implementing.
* Documented possible fixes for Casper slowness here.
* Worked on, along with help from the community, pushing build
dependencies for netbook-launcher-efl.
* Little work on the REVU version of netbook-launcher-efl to whip
it into shape after the excellent work of mterry.
* Pushed to get Canola packaged.
* Now packaged at http://edge.launchpad.net/~canola
* Initial test of Canola proved that it needs some work before it
can be the default media player for Ubuntu ARM. Some bugs
submitted.
* Monthly team report done which can be viewed here.
* Image testing, internal stuff, tending to sick kids, all good
fun.

== Future ==
* Come up with a working implementation to fix the
debconf-communicate issues.
* Gather monthly information and publish monthly team report.
* Keep pushing and monitoring netbook-launcher-efl dependencies.
* If I get time take a look at the Moblin media player.
* Vacation Tuesday till new year (although I'm sure I'll have some
cheeky post-turkey hours to bash some blueprints).

= Steve Kowalik =
* Propose a patch for Launchpad for a change to germinate, get it
merged and landed.
* Upload netbook-meta, pulling from the new netbook.lucid branch.
Do so multiple times.
* Merge changes to tasksel, adding netbook, and removed unr and
mobile.
* Remove mobile-meta, and discuss with the LOSAs how to remove its
seed branch.
* Test my changes to livecd-rootfs, uploading it, and organising
installation on the buildds.
* Discover issues that relate to changes with desktop versus une,
and fix the seeds. Three times.
* Push out my changes for the rename to the public branch of
cdimage.
* Merge the changes into the deployed cdimage code.
* Also fix debian-cd and merge it in too.
* After an hour or so of poking around, discover why my
cron.germinate changes caused it to bail and fix two scripts on
rookery. Fix component-overrides generation while I was there.
* Thursday archive admin duties.

= Tobin Davis =
* Continued work on porting LSB tests to arm. Currently focusing
on T2C test suites.

= Paul Larson =
* Was able to begin testing images on imx51 with successful images
beginning on 20091213
* Collected additional requested debug data for bug #494787 -
firefox crashed with SIGSEGV
* Wrote a script for the bringup testing that uses the bootchart
tarball to gather the amount of time it took for boot
* rebuilt dove kernel with patch from bug #494831
* created a new install image with the kernel for bug #494831 to
test the fix - fix worked, and I was able to create a working
dove image to test with
* made a qemu-arm-static build environment to mess with, see if I
can gain any efficiency with it, did some performance
comparisons, not impressed with the result
* Tested a new build of Chromium on ARM, still seeing some SIGILL
issues, but able to get further
* Started working on install testing blueprint

= Alexander Sack =
* Vacation.

= Oliver Grawert =
* Vacation.