Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 AM
"Ramaddan"

Default Ubuntu UMPC status

Hi,

I tried the Ubuntu UMPC image located here on a 10"
tablet PC with :

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/intrepid/release/ubuntu-8.10-umpc-i386.img

Honestly,
I think it is great. I've been looking for somehting like this for a while,
and this is better than I was hoping for.

However, I
can't seem to find enough official pages about this project, so I was
wondering if the project is still ongoing?

The only
problem I have is that it seemed to have detected an eGalax touchscreen,
however, the Y coordinates seems to be reversed.

I did the
following to find out if it was eGalax and got output with eGalax in
it:

lshal | grep eGalax

When I click the top, it
clicks the bottom. Left and right are fine.

I tried
editing:

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/50-eGalax.fdi

And
added:

key="input.x11_options.swapy"
type="bool">false</merge>