Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Loc Minier

Default jax10 only support <= 2GB USB keys to boot

Hey

I had issues booting the jax10 on some USB keys recently, until I
realized these were bigger than what I used in the past. It seems the
device can only boot from <= 2GB USB keys, I couldn't get it to boot of
a 4GB one.

HTH,
--
Loc Minier

Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Peter Antoniac

On Monday 02 February 2009 10:53:30 Loc Minier wrote:
> Hey
>
> I had issues booting the jax10 on some USB keys recently, until I
> realized these were bigger than what I used in the past. It seems the
> device can only boot from <= 2GB USB keys, I couldn't get it to boot of
> a 4GB one.

Is it related to SD HC? Might not be working with HC cards... Anyway, the mmc
driver is a bit buggy in 6.27 6.28...

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Antoniac, PhD
https://launchpad.net/~theseinfeld

BOFH excuse #76:

Unoptimized hard drive
My 5 today: #321756 (ubuntu), #321902 (network-manager), #321889
(solr), #322209 (kdepim), #321963 (libv4l)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day

Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Tobin Davis

It has been over 6 months since I worked with this unit, but if I remember correctly, there was a bios issue on this.* Worked fine on Intel's test boards with the SanDisk 4G USB drives I had, just not the Jax10.

I had issues booting the jax10 on some USB keys recently, until I
realized these were bigger than what I used in the past. It seems the
device can only boot from <= 2GB USB keys, I couldn't get it to boot of
a 4GB one.

HTH,
--
Loc Minier

--
Tobin Davis

There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again.
-- Clint Eastwood