Old 11-28-2008, 10:37 AM
"Sulaco@t-online.de"

Default NEXOC Osiris S621 Touchscreen

Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,

thats pretty weird, i have the very same device here with working
touchscreen (IDEACO IDC 6680), your lshal output seems to show a
touchscreen from ET&T Technology (TC4UM) and it seems that device isnt
even recognized by teh kernel as a touchscreen, seems it only loads a
hiddev driver for it, there is not much anyone can do about it on X or
evtouch layer if the kernel doesnt recognize the device properly (seems
pretty weird to me that Clevo (which is the original manufacturer of teh
osiris 621) changed the touchscreen device in the middle of a product
line ...

ciao
oli

Old 11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
"robert muth"

Hi Oliver,

could you describe in a little more detail what lines in the hal.dump
you look at, what to expect, and how you determine that something is a
kernel problem.
rather than an evtouch one. (May there is an FAQ already)
I think this would be helpful for people who have similar problems to determine
whether this list is the appropriate audience.
Cheers,
Robert