Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Oliver Grawert

Default Activity report mobile-team: Oct 30 - Nov 12

Hi,

I have the role of the monthly mobile secretary this month, so i'm
sending out the mobile weekly reports. As you may notice this is a
merged report for two weeks this time, sorry but i didnt manage to send
out the one from last week in time.

Steve Kowalik (StevenK):

* Test Ubuntu MID and UMPC installs a whole bunch of times. [1d]
* Upgrade my workstation to Intrepid. [3h]
* Prepare for Jaunty merges -- add Jaunty to my local mirror and
creating the multitude of jaunty chroots I need. [3h]
* Hack the cdimage building scripts, discussions with team members and
Colin.
* A bunch of merges.

----

Short week, 2 day holiday on Monday and Tuesday.
* Hack the cdimage building scripts more.
* A bunch of merges.
* Brutally hack contacts to build a -hildon package. Requires review.

Loc Minier (lool):

(Was on VAC and a national holiday for more than a week, hence the two
weeks period and short list.)

== Misc ==

* While pursuing my acpid cleanup quest, I fought for stupidly long
against a module-init-tools bug: modprobe --all foobar would exit 0,
but not with --quiet in the flags; this lead me to discover that
initramfs-tools was leaking a lot of environment vars, including
MODPROBE_OPTIONS.
* Verified new libv4l; need to tend to its SRU.
* Misc expenses

== Mobile-ish ==

* Tested new python ubuntu-vm-builder and discovered a bunch of small
regressions; provided bzr branches for some features and fixed most
issues; thanks to Nick for fixing lpia mirror detection! :-)

* Received ARM board; set it up and played a little with it; need to
continue looking at bootstrapping it with Debian armel or mojo and an
Ubuntu kernel, but Oliver is already doing that with Amit :-P

Emmet Hikory (persia):

== Mobile ==
* Experimented with use of xdm as a display manager for -MID. Initial
results were positive. This will become a spec for Jaunty.
* Initial filtering of packages to be removed from the archive as part
of Moblin 1.0 EOL and general cleanup from gutsy/hardy Mobile efforts.
* Tried unsuccessfully to find good ways to identify packages that have
lpia-specific compilation. Suggestions would be welcome.

* Prepared some text and bullet-points to help inform announcements
related to ARM.

Oliver Grawert (ogra):

== Mobile ==

* perpared specs for mobile, researched some upstream touchscreen
handling

== Arm ==

* Recieved ARM hardware
* bootstrapped an initial build system based on mojo
* build an initial kernel based on the linux-omap tree
* rolled an image and published it for intrested developers to help
getting ARM ready in the archive.