Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
"Alexandros Vangelatos"

Default Moblin Ubuntu on HTC SHIFT

Hey all,

Well today I attempted to create a Live and Installation for my HTC SHIFT.
Unfortunately neither worked. :'-(

To bring you up to speed I downloaded the latest image-creator using git.
The debian versions were causing problem when creating iso's and img's.

With the live version my screen was turning on/off (flickering), i dunno y.
Before it starts to flicker i try to log in at tty1. but I don't know the password, i have tried ume, ubuntu but it fails.

With the installation, I end up with the busy box after a fresh installation.

I get this on the screen
"Check root= bootarg cat /proc/cmdline
*or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev
*ALERT! /unionfs does not exist. Dropping to a shell!"

I have tried different functional sets, i have tried changing target but it always ends up to mccaslin-lpia, for some reason.

any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

thanks