Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
"Stewart Midwinter"

Default wireless connections

How is the wireless connection panel applet supposed to work.* I'm able to add a wireless network, but I don't see any way to connect.*

Also, If I edit the wireless connection settings, i notice that the OK button is greyed out, so my settings can't be changed once they're created.

Perhaps Ubuntu-umpc is not really detecting my wireless card even though it's turned on and its little LED is lit up.

thanks

Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Frederik Sdun

Hi,

which card do you use?
could you paste the output of dmesg, lshw, iwconfig somewhere?

Regards,
Frederik

Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
xPol

I can successfully connect only to non-locked, that is anonymous,
wireless routers. As the router asks for password, connections fails.
I am using kde 4.4 with hp laptop tc4200, intel centrino.

I have read that it might be a problem that will be solved with the next
kernel release.

Any hints?

Thank you
---P