Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Loc Minier

Default Oct 17 - Oct 24

Hi there,

Sorry for the lateness, RC week didn't help

== Meeting ==

Mobile team had its weekly IRC meeting the 23th; see:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2008/20081023>
Mootbot log/minutes not yet available. Only irclogs.ubuntu.com for
now:
<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/10/23/%23ubuntu-meeting.html>

Present:
davidm, ogra, persia, StevenK, ian_brasil

== Activity reports ==
=== Steve Kowalik ===

* Upgrade the -mobile image on my Q1.
* Attempt to discover where my Jax device is hiding it's touchscreen
and wireless devices. After much digging discover the wireless device is
an SDIO device, and doesn't hang off the PCI bus.
* Fix up the patch for contacts so it's hildonised, test and upload it.
* With NCommander's help, fix linux-lpia so it builds it's very own
kernel headers and doesn't have to use linux's.
* Sort out lpia-lrm (a give back), and linux-lpia-meta.
* Try and determine with Martin's help why ck-launch-session doesn't
make the session active on -mid. Sort it out to su giving us a session
that isn't for X, and hack a workaround into ubuntu-mid-default-settings.
* Write documentation on creating an image using livecd-rootfs, and
polish (and test) the script I pushed into mobile-scripts.
* Test the installer with my Jax on current -mid images, and note that
automatic mode still causes the username question to be asked. Running
ubiquity with both --debug and --automatic causes it to crash inside
partman and migration-assistant.
* Attempt to clean up my laptop in preparation for upgrading it to
Intrepid. Manage to remove 300 packages. Plotting to upgrade it
tomorrow.
* Investigate why Dates doesn't display the right icons. No theories
yet.
* NBS work, and archive admin duties.

=== Loic Minier ===
==== Mobile ====

* MID testing
* Team phone call
* Was told by Emmet that we weren't on track of being included on
release.u.c. Tracked inclusion progress with basically the whole
team, in emergency mode.

==== Desktopish ====

* libv4l 0.5.1; moved to preparing a SRU as it was too late for FFE
* Cleaned up pygtk's testsuite handling, added Xvfb's safety nets and
added support for ignoring testsuite failures, turned on on all
arches sadly
* Cheese update

==== Misc ====

* Tried looking at the X servers RC on misc arches, but couldn't get
qemu to emulate any affected systems, even the Debian experimental
one; ended up looking at porter machines, but the bug was fixed at
that time
* Looked at promoting libvisual-plugins to main which turned out to be
libvisual-plugins updates from hell -- simple rebuild would have
broken the package. Sent cleanup and fixes to Debian.
* Clarified wifi / ath5k / q1u / madwifi situation and bugs (twice ;-)
-- in the end the original claims were mostly incorrect, but the
removal of ath5k made sense to other people outside of our mobile
world

Bye
--
Loc Minier