Old 10-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Loc Minier

Default Oct 10 - Oct 17

Hi there,

== Meeting ==

We had our weekly IRC meeting the 16th; see:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2008/20081016>
Mootbot log/minutes not yet available. Only irclogs.ubuntu.com for
now:
<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/10/16/%23ubuntu-meeting.html>

Present:
lool, ogra, StevenK, davidm, persia, cgregan, amitk, ian_brasil

== Activity reports ==
=== Loic Minier ===

==== Mobile ====

* Plenty of xorg work, especially around psb
- Made sure xorg selects vesa on poulsbo ('psb') devices for now (can
be overriden when xorg-psb is installed)
- Fixed -psb packaging to have proper ABI provides in hardy
ubuntu-mobile ppa
- Requested deletion of psb in intrepid; drop from video-all; proper
conflict etc.
- Move from Driver psb to Driver vesa on upgrades
- Pulled new xorg-server and xorg (meta) from Debian
- Tweaked video-all, resynced with i386, installable again
- Enabled geode and openchrome for lpia; pending Pas

==== Desktop ====

* Touched pygtk again, got to keep the pieces again; hey seb!
- Fixed -dbg flavors; enabled testsuite to catch such regressions
- Investigated Xvfb regression with help from jcristau, infinity and
others
- More solid xvfb usage

==== Misc ====

* Chased libsmbios further and sent upstream a fix for an ia64 build
failure; need to push to Debian & Ubuntu
* Merged Kees' and Gregor Jasny's libv4l, cleaned up further,
discussed, tested, pushed to Debian and Ubuntu
* Booked flights to UDS and November Nexus sprint in Lexington
* Backported pygobject and pygtk wakeupfd support (fixed late in the
hardy cycle or after hardy release) as we have it in intrepid/sid to
hardy to try to solve high CPU usage in Elisa for OEM; wasn't related
at all; it's in my ppa if you want it; other OEM projects might take
it if they want to reduce wakeups
* Fixed NetworkManager starts up twice bug in sysv-rc; thanks Koon for
testing
* Poked iwl3945 hang on boot

=== Steve Kowalik ===

* Give up on inotify, and upload Kourou 0.5.
* Add ACPI and grub to the seeds.
* Fix LRM, and then fix it harder. Get tripped up by a nice Soyuz bug
(#280700)
* Install -mid on my Q1.
* Analyse it, producing a list of seven issues to investigate.
* Fix a bug in Kourou (twice), correcting 3 of the 7 issues.
* Talk to Alexander Sack about a bug in the .desktop file.
* Install -mobile on my Q1.
* Try and install -mid on my Jax. Fail. Manage to find a bug in
Ubiquity. Have the install fail another two times, and investigate it on
the second try, which is ENOSPC. Try again, for the third time. Manage
to get it installed.
* Fail to get the Jax device booting reliably. Still investigating.
* Investigate a patch for Contacts to Hildonize it

=== Emmet Hikory ===

==== Mobile ====
* Image testing
* Install testing
* Initial work towards not hardcoding "ubuntu" as the user (probably a
Jaunty target).

=== Oliver Grawert ===

* evtouch
* added a bunch of new .fdi files
* supports six device classes now
* changed install location and sequence numbers of .fdi files
* open issues: bug 222164
* lots of ltsp cleanup
* worked out fixes to the new logout model of gnome desktop
* merged in all upstram changes into intrepid packages
* hunted down several ldm UI bugs
* fixed various regressions vs hardy
* adjusted ubuntu-mobile-default-settings to new artwork naming scheme
* tried to get linux-lpia over its abi check bound FTBFS
* worked on various distro related release bugs
* fixed pm-utils to ignore blacklisted modules on resume
* hal-info Q1 keyboard mapping merged upstream
* general ubuntu-mobile image tests
* bluetooth 4.x tests (3 out of four devices work now here)
* various Xorg related tasks (bug hunting etc)

Bye
--
Loc Minier