Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Loc Minier

Default Oct 3 - Oct 10

Hi there,

== Meeting ==

We had our weekly IRC meeting the 9th; see:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2008/20081009>
Mootbot log/minutes not yet available. Only irclogs.ubuntu.com for
now:
<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/10/09/%23ubuntu-meeting.html>

Present:
lool, ogra, StevenK, davidm, persia, cgregan

== Activity reports ==
=== Steve Kowalik ===

* Test my Kourou changes and release 0.4.
* Look at getting Kourou to use inotify.
* General cleaning of images.
* Fix moblin-applets to show 2 other icons.
* A whole bunch of NBS work.

=== Emmet Hikory ===

* Resolved the remaining outstanding issue with grub-installer not
being included in ubiquity for lpia
* Initial work towards allowing install with an empty password string
* Prepared casper branch to force --automatic for -mid installs,
pending the previous landing.

=== Loc Minier ===

==== Mobile ====

* Commented on some UI issues of mobile and mid images to ogra and
StevenK.
* Prepared a dummy ISO to allow booting ubuntu-mobile and -mid USB
images as hdb in kvm/qemu/etc.. The bochs BIOS CMOS params don't
allow to boot of disk 2, so it's convenient to boot from the ISO.
Sent hints to use it.
* Prepared summary as of Oct 2 of intrepid critical bugs for
mobile/mid.
* Piled September team activity reports.
* Applied for a talk at Solutions Linux 2009.

==== Misc ====

* Merged "facile" cleanups in pkg-ocaml and uploaded; further cleanups.
* SRU of module-init-tools -Os build opt for hardy.
* Fought issues with my ADSL; might have been a firmware upgrade on the
ISP side, and I've also switched to "slow but not disconnecting" mode
and things are now stable again, but slower. :-(
* Cleaned up the libsmbios packaging in depth, fixed misc issues.
* Reviewed system-cleaner.

Bye
--
Loc Minier