Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Oliver Grawert

Default Getting images

On Sa, 2008-10-04 at 12:40 +0100, (``-_-) -- Fernando wrote:
> Hi there.
> First thing: where can the images?
> I only have the one linked from ogra blog from 23/09/2008
i updated the link on the blogpage last week (and the next blog entry
actually mentioned the beta images and the new location)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mobile/intrepid/
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mid/intrepid/

> Second: I tried that image on a 7" Tsunami and on my 13.3" Asustek S37S.
> On my Laptop everything went okay and was really fast. I needed to reduce the top bar a few pixels (really big for this display, but it aint the target for this big laptops).
> On the 7" i couldnt get it to get pass GDM. Either it was reallyyyyyyyyy slow, or something was getting stuck, but once I get newer images, i'll try again.
the ubuntu-mobile image uses the standard ubuntu desktop in the back, it
either might be that the composite autodetection of that fails on your
device, can you check which windowmanager it uses (it should fall back
to metacity if your graphics card is not composite capable) or that your
device does not have enough ram (you should have 256M, if your device
has less, i'd rather recommend to use the -mid image)

ciao
oli

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
On Mo, 2008-10-06 at 13:49 +0100, (``-_-) -- Fernando wrote:

> FWICS its an AMD Geod on board.

yes, thats the problem then, the geode driver doesnt have composite
support, looks like your system tries to use compiz with it instead of
properly falling back to metacity for window management ... that would
be a bug in the ubuntu desktop composite detection imho...

ciao
oli