Old 10-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Loc Minier

Default Sep 27 - Oct 3

Hi there,

== Meeting ==

We had our weekly IRC meeting the 2nd; see:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2008/20081002>
Mootbot log/minutes not yet available, bot owner pinged. Only
irclogs.ubuntu.com for now:
<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/10/02/%23ubuntu-meeting.html>

Present:
davidm, ogra, StevenK, lool, persia, amitk, ian_brasil

== Activity reports ==
=== Steve Kowalik ===

* Hack on kourou more, uploading 0.3. Crowbar the packaging for it into
bzr.
* Try and get background setting working for Kourou. Get defeated by
the fact that I can't set an iconview's background as transparent.
* Fix hildon-control-panel to not display a 'copa_ap_...' desktop
entry.
* Drop ivman, gpe-filemanager from the seeds, blacklist -video-psb, and
add gnome-terminal and thunar.
* Notice linux-lpia-meta is broken, and upload a fixed version.
* Now we have a working meta package for the kernel, upload
livecd-rootfs.
* A bunch of NBS work.

=== Loc Minier ===

==== Mobile ====

* Uploaded a couple of easy xorg fixes which we cared about
* Pushed custom local mobile scripts to common repo
* Release meeting and status review for mobile; thanks to people who
helped file the mobile release-critical bugs

==== Desktopish ====

* Fixed pygtk and gnome-python-extras build failures
* Cleaned up packaging of anjuta/gnome-build/gdl
* Looked into letting some glib symbols pull shared-mime-info after
discussion with seb128; possible, but hard as it's not clear whether
an app will request to guess the content-type or not (you can call
smth like g_local_file_info with optional flags to guess or not the
CT); concluded that we want apps to pull shared-mime-info if they
need content type guesses

==== Misc ====

* Sponsoring/mentoring
* Started backporting -Os opt for module-init-tools
* Joined MIR team; did some MIR work as a result:
- reviewed obm in some depth
- reviewed and cleaned up facile's packaging in depth

=== Emmet Hikory ===

==== Mobile ====
* More installer testing for both -mid and -mobile.
* Build grub-installer for lpia, and actually install in ubiquty
* Review and troubleshoot preseeding for -mobile
* Discuss strategy for showing install icon in -mid by default
* Started work on allowing preseeding of blank passwords in debian-installer
* Opened discussions with Forums team to support Ubuntu Mobile in forums
* Confirmed requirements to get Ubuntu Mobile and Ubuntu MID on the
ISO testing tracker for RC
* Further investigation into issues with the lpia desktop alternate install

Bye
--
Loc Minier