Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Loc Minier

Default Sep 12 - Sep 19

Hi there,

== Meeting ==

We had our weekly IRC meeting the 18th; see:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2008/20080918>
Mootbot log/minutes not yet available, bot owner pinged. Only
irclogs.ubuntu.com for now:
<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/09/18/%23ubuntu-meeting.html>

Present:
persia, StevenK, cgregan, lool, ogra, cjwatson, davidm

== Activity reports ==
=== Loc Minier ===

* At OSIM World + Maemo Summit with David Mandala and Oliver Grawert,
hence no report sent.

=== Emmet Hikory ===

Short Week: Monday was Respect for the Aged day

==== Mobile ====
* More testing of the installer and images
* Review of the limits of XDG Menu compliance of mobile-basic-flash,
and attempts to hack it to allow additional submenus not based on
categories (ultimately unsuccessful)
* Review of packages included in the MID image, and adjustments to
mousepad and matchbox-window-manager to avoid including fvwm1 and xfce
packages.
* Adjustments to the Mobile seed to enable Ubuntu Mobile on lpia

==== Ubuntu ====
* Tracked down issues with lpia support in the platform and ubuntu seed
collections, towards ensuring the architecture ought work for arbitrary
targets.
* Investigation of kernel packaging as part of work towards a
linux-lpia-meta package.

=== Steve Kowalik ===

* Fix midbrowser to not also install Firefox. [1h]
* Fix galculator to show an icon. [2h]
* Update the mid seed more to drop packages from livecd.sh, and prepare
a livecd-rootfs upload that adds ubquity to the LIVELIST. [1h]
* Hack in changes to build-mobile-img to add a preseed file, the two
manifest files. [1h]
* Upload livecd-rootfs again, bumping the kernel ABI to 3. Would like a
kernel meta package. [1h]
* Try desperately to bend mobile-basic-flash to my will. Fail. Badly. [1d]
* Re-implement a better m-b-f in Python in under 100 lines. Package it
up. [1d]
* Fix hildon-desktop to actually build. Get defeated by libhildonfm. [1h]
* Some NBS work.

Bye
--
Loc Minier