Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM
William Atwell

Default Gnome Power Manager Problem

Everyone,
Another thing that I noticed. The Gnome power manger applet icon (On the desktop bar) shows a red X and periodically a popup message states it cannot connect to the Gnome Power Manager. I did see it working (once). When it did work, trying to use the slider bar to control the brightness of the LCD caused the desktop to halt for about a minute. Then, the desktop functionality returned. I replicated this scenario many times. I tried reinstalling the gnome-power manager, removing and reinstalling. Nothing seems to help so far. It worked very well in the live session. Eventually, I ended up removing it from desktop bar.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Bill