-   Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-mobile-embedded/)
-   -   Gnome Power Manager Problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-mobile-embedded/170154-gnome-power-manager-problem.html)

William Atwell 10-03-2008 12:41 PM

Gnome Power Manager Problem

Everyone,
Another thing that I noticed. The Gnome power manger applet icon (On the desktop bar) shows a red X and periodically a popup message states it cannot connect to the Gnome Power Manager. I did see it working (once). When it did work, trying to use the slider bar to control the brightness of the LCD caused the desktop to halt for about a minute. Then, the desktop functionality returned. I replicated this scenario many times. I tried reinstalling the gnome-power manager, removing and reinstalling. Nothing seems to help so far. It worked very well in the live session. Eventually, I ended up removing it from desktop bar.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Bill