Old 09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Ryan Gallagher

Default No wireless connections visible

Ok I have it installed and working great with the exception of the wireless connections.* They worked fine in the live edition but now they won't work at all.* Wired works great, I updated everything and rebooted but still wireless does not see any networks.

Talk to you soon,

Ryan.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Oliver Grawert

On Sa, 2008-09-27 at 09:08 +0200, Javier Gálvez Guerrero wrote:
> In my case, wireless networks are properly detected and the UMPC can
> connect in a simple way (GUI) to any DHCP-enabled network. I miss
> static IP configuration in a graphical GUI (maybe it is but I wasn't
> able to get it).
tap the wireless applet and hold down your finger for a bit (that
emulates a right click) or just right click on the applet, the second
entry from the bottom says "Edit Connections", there you can set up
static IPs and more ...

ciao
oli

Old 10-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Ryan Gallagher

OK I still can't get wifi working.* I reinstalled everything and I can
now see the networks (although range does not look anywhere near as
good as it was under Desktop Ubuntu) but when I try to connect, it
makes an attempt and then just show the error, Disconnected.* It works
fine when I plug in and use the default wired connection using DHCP,
nothing over wifi.

Anything I can try?

Ryan.