Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Ryan Gallagher

Default Install not working properly- Error 15 upon reboot

Hiya,

I am able to run it just fine in the live version. At first I tried to
install it into a 20GB partition I had created for this but that failed
with an error 15 on reboot. I liked it so much I decided to format the
whole hard drive and install it, unfortunately it still does not boot
and gets an error 15 upon reboot. I have tried about 15 times using
different settings in the partitions on install. I have also
reformatted in Ubuntu 8.04 and then tried again but no luck. Anyone
else having a problem with the install? Any ideas on what is going
wrong? It is a Q1 Ultra which has no trouble running MID and 8.04.

Thanks,
Ryan.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:43 AM
"Steve Paine"

Yup. This is the problem that others are having. Canonical are aware.
I'm sure a fix will filter through in the bext build so hold on for a bit!

S.

I am able to run it just fine in the live version. *At first I tried to

install it into a 20GB partition I had created for this but that failed

with an error 15 on reboot. *I liked it so much I decided to format the

whole hard drive and install it, unfortunately it still does not boot

and gets an error 15 upon reboot. *I have tried about 15 times using

different settings in the partitions on install. *I have also

reformatted in Ubuntu 8.04 and then tried again but no luck. *Anyone

else having a problem with the install? *Any ideas on what is going

wrong? *It is a Q1 Ultra which has no trouble running MID and 8.04.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Steve 'Chippy' Paine
Promoting mobile computing devices *to