-   Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-mobile-embedded/)
-   -   Clutter-based home animation on MID (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-mobile-embedded/163415-clutter-based-home-animation-mid.html)

"Gregoire Gentil" 09-20-2008 08:25 PM

Clutter-based home animation on MID

Hello,

I'm looking for the project that does the clutter-based animation on the home page of the MID edition. I'm not talking about the UME launcher of the netbook remix but I'm talkinb about the scrolling animation of the icons with a nice 3D effect:

http://www.ubuntu.com/files/u1/clutter-small.jpg

What is the name of the project? Where is the source code? I guess that it's GPL.

Many thanks for any info,

Gregoire

Rusty Lynch 09-22-2008 05:08 AM

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 13:25 -0700, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for the project that does the clutter-based animation on
> the home page of the MID edition. I'm not talking about the UME
> launcher of the netbook remix but I'm talkinb about the scrolling
> animation of the icons with a nice 3D effect:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/files/u1/clutter-small.jpg
>
> What is the name of the project? Where is the source code? I guess
> that it's GPL.

For lack of a better name we called it moblin-clutter-home, and yes,
it's GPL.

You can browse the source from:
http://git.moblin.org/repos/projects/moblin-clutter-home.git/

You can checkout the code via:
git clone git://git.moblin.org/projects/moblin-clutter-home

If you are unlucky enough to be behind a firewall run by IT people that
seem to be stuck in 1990's technology, then only allows you to poke
through http, then:
git clone http://git.moblin.org/repos/projects/moblin-clutter-home

... but be warned that git over http seems to break in random ways.

--rusty