Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
"Spencer, Bob"

Default Image Creator platforms

Image creator that you build from upstream source (git clone
http://moblin.org/repos/tools/moblin-image-creator.git) has lots of
platforms in the list and I think many of them are no longer needed and
even useless.

Here's the list.
Mccaslin-lpia
Mccaslin-lpia-fedora
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
Mccaslin-lpia-ume
Menlow-lpia
Menlow-lpia-moblin2
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-jax10-snapshot1
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
Menlow-lpia-ume
Netbook-lpia-moblin2

I'm not sure what the status is of ...hardy, ...hardy-ppa, and
...hardy-ppa-snapshot nor what Menlow-lpia-ume is wrt the others.
Please educate me.

I recommend we trim this to:
Mccaslin-lpia-fedora (Samsung Q1 ultra build of Moblin2 (RPM))
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Samsung Q1 ultra, latest UME w/PPA
(DEB))
Menlow-lpia-moblin2 (Jax10/Menlow build of Moblin2 (RPM))
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Jax10/Menlow build of UME (DEB))
Netbook-lpia-moblin2 (EeePC/Netbook build of Moblin2 (RPM))

Please excuse my ignorance and include any others that are actively
used.

Bob

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
"Karur Mohan, Prajwal"

Mccaslin-lpia-fedora (Samsung Q1 ultra build of Moblin2 (RPM)) --- we
don't need this and is being removed. This was created to test the rpm
feature of MIC.

Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-jax10-snapshot1 -- We need this though. This
has packages to make Jax10 work. Alex created this.

Thanks,
Praj

Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Loc Minier

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008, Spencer, Bob wrote:
> Image creator that you build from upstream source (git clone
> http://moblin.org/repos/tools/moblin-image-creator.git) has lots of
> platforms in the list and I think many of them are no longer needed and
> even useless.
> Here's the list.
> Mccaslin-lpia
> Menlow-lpia

=> Gutsy based, I guess nobody wants these

> Mccaslin-lpia-fedora

(=> I never used it for obvious reasons :-P)

Hmm I don't have this one:
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu
=> no idea

These are the "old" platforms for hardy:
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
=> these were used against ahrdy, hardy + ppa and snapshot of these,
but now we promote packages from there to the new
archive.mobile.ubuntu.com (*-ume) so we don't use these and I don't
expect anyone to, they might work though

> Mccaslin-lpia-ume
> Menlow-lpia-ume

=> that's the final platforms we used for hardy and continue to base
hardy images on

> Menlow-lpia-moblin2
> Netbook-lpia-moblin2

(=> moblin 2 stuff)

> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-jax10-snapshot1

Recent addition

> I recommend we trim this to:
> Mccaslin-lpia-fedora (Samsung Q1 ultra build of Moblin2 (RPM))
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Samsung Q1 ultra, latest UME w/PPA
> (DEB))
> Menlow-lpia-moblin2 (Jax10/Menlow build of Moblin2 (RPM))
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Jax10/Menlow build of UME (DEB))
> Netbook-lpia-moblin2 (EeePC/Netbook build of Moblin2 (RPM))

I would mostly care that you keep the *-ume ones instead of the above
DEB ones.

Cheers,
--
Loc Minier

Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Tobin Davis

Would it also be helpful to add a set for Intrepid builds?* Some of us are working with Intrepid for one reason or another, and having it fit into our existing tool would be better than the current method (manual bootstrap).

Tobin

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 01:24 +0200, Loc Minier wrote:

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008, Spencer, Bob wrote:
> Image creator that you build from upstream source (git clone
> http://moblin.org/repos/tools/moblin-image-creator.git) has lots of
> platforms in the list and I think many of them are no longer needed and
> even useless.
> Here's the list.
> Mccaslin-lpia
> Menlow-lpia

=> Gutsy based, I guess nobody wants these

> Mccaslin-lpia-fedora

(=> I never used it for obvious reasons :-P)

Hmm I don't have this one:
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu
=> no idea

These are the "old" platforms for hardy:
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
=> these were used against ahrdy, hardy + ppa and snapshot of these,
but now we promote packages from there to the new
archive.mobile.ubuntu.com (*-ume) so we don't use these and I don't
expect anyone to, they might work though

> Mccaslin-lpia-ume
> Menlow-lpia-ume

=> that's the final platforms we used for hardy and continue to base
hardy images on

> Menlow-lpia-moblin2
> Netbook-lpia-moblin2

(=> moblin 2 stuff)

> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-jax10-snapshot1

Recent addition

> I recommend we trim this to:
> Mccaslin-lpia-fedora (Samsung Q1 ultra build of Moblin2 (RPM))
> Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Samsung Q1 ultra, latest UME w/PPA
> (DEB))
> Menlow-lpia-moblin2 (Jax10/Menlow build of Moblin2 (RPM))
> Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa (Jax10/Menlow build of UME (DEB))
> Netbook-lpia-moblin2 (EeePC/Netbook build of Moblin2 (RPM))

I would mostly care that you keep the *-ume ones instead of the above
DEB ones.

Cheers,
--
Loc Minier

--
Tobin Davis

BOFH excuse #250:

Program load too heavy for processor to lift.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Loc Minier

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008, Tobin Davis wrote:
> Would it also be helpful to add a set for Intrepid builds? Some of us
> are working with Intrepid for one reason or another, and having it fit
> into our existing tool would be better than the current method (manual
> bootstrap).

Would certainly be nice

--
Loc Minier

Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 PM
"Spencer, Bob"

Loic, thanks for the info
Rob, Can you let me know if there are any images you use regularly.

Given the feedback,

Remove the following platforms:
Mccaslin-lpia
Mccaslin-lpia-fedora
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot
Menlow-lpia
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy-ppa-snapshot

Still in question (keep for now):
Mccaslin-lpia-ubuntu
Menlow-lpia-moblin2

Keep:

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
"Rhoads, Rob"

Alek,

Does anyone still use the Melow-lpia platform in M-I-C?

-RobR

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 AM
"Du, Alek"

Rob,
AFAIK, no one.

Thanks,

Old 09-18-2008, 04:26 AM
"Ian Lawrence"

Hi,

> AFAIK, no one.

<confused>
well, the last one I created was a menlow-lpia image on ubuntu
hardy...i *thought* that this was for the new upcoming 'diamondville'
processor but if you are thinking of dropping it maybe I am wrong and
it is not this after all and I got mixed up somewhere
</confused>

Ian

--
http://ianlawrence.info

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 AM
"Du, Alek"

Ian,

Menlow-lpia means Gutsy (Ubuntu 7.10) based menlow platform, I don't believe anybody is still using that.
Menlow-lpia-ubuntu-hardy means (Ubuntu 8.04) based menlow platform.

Thanks,
Alek