Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
David Mandala

Default Mobile Team Report 15 Aug - 22 Aug

We had our IRC weekly meeting 21 August and the minutes are on line at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded/Meeting/20080821 with next
weeks agenda posted at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded/Meeting/20080828.

Activity Reports
************************************************** *******************
Loc Minier

Was on leave the 15th (national holiday).

== Mobile ==

* Reviewed intel-wimax-binary-supplicant
* Checked carefully whether each of our moblin-image-creator patches
had been merged upstream; sent comments when bits were missing or to
clarify the rationale behind some of our changes
* Poked at merging gconf backend in main xulrunner based on tips from
asac; need to pick this up again

== Desktop-ish ==

* Yelp remote URL vulnerability
* Poppler new upstream and general cleanup; seb128 just synced while on
holiday, thanks!
* Reviewed pangomm

== Misc ==

* Sent patch for release announcement commit hooks at moblin.org
* Sent proposal to rework fsets and platforms in MIC
* Pushed new pigment / pigment-python releases; started looking at
elisa and elisa-plugins-* but the diff is huge and I lack data to
update the deps/bdeps from upstream
* Worked on some ubuntu-dev-scripts; buildd, requestsync; not quite
sure whether I should disable https_proxy in all scripts explicitely
as I did in buildd (Python's urllib* don't support this env var)

************************************************** *******************
Steve Kowalik

* Crowbar WiMAX Network Service into some semblance of building and
installing. Pity I can't test it. [3h]
* Finish up performing horrid hacks to a few packages to do boot speed
up. [1h]
* Gaffa tape an image together to test boot speed up. Over and over. [5h]
* Test the new RP4MID release. [30m]
* Crowbar together an image together to test the basis for another
private image to Intel. [3h]
* Make and test said private image. [6h]
* Help Chris try and test image. [1h]
* Polish off some of the merges with my name on them. [1h]
* Re-do the private image after I messed up including the firmware for
the 3D PSB driver. Sigh. [3h]
* Fiddle with livecd-rootfs, doing final testing before I upload it.
Including diagnosing why my local mirror was broken. :-( [3h]
* During the above, note that moblin-applets is broken, and upload a
fix. [1h]
* Some NBS work.

************************************************** *******************
Emmet Hikory

Short week:
Thu/Fri was the remainder of Obon observance for Tokyo
Mon was spent chasing visa issues (now resolved for an extended period)

== Mobile ==
* Fussing with glade and strings to get ubiquity to work with 480
vertical pixels: have stopped this in the interest of getting something
working pre-feature freeze, and will return to investigation of the
noninteractive/oem-install option.
* Grabbed a new snapshot of the PPA and started repeated review to
determine what merges might be useful
* Pushed cleaned copies of treb and ume-announcer to REVU
* Looked over previous concept work on post-install configuration wizard
* Some testing of the livecd-rootfs image builder

--
David Mandala <davidm at canonical dot com>
http://www.canonical.com/ Public Key id: 45B2D952