Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
yannick

Default Call for testing Ekiga 2.9 on LPIA architecture

Hello,

We are on our way to release a major upgrade of Ekiga : version 3.0.

This upgrade will have a new user interface with presence support inside
a roster to see live if your contacts are online, away etc., new and
improved video codecs, hotplug support for audio and video devices and
many other goodies.

A few hours ago we fixed a bug preventing Ekiga to be compiled properly
on the new Low Power Intel Architecture (LPIA) especially designed for
mobile devices.

We are releasing more or less daily snapshot packages for Ubuntu Hardy
(8.04) and Intrepid (8.10) from our development branch (SVN). They are
build using the PPA service here:
https://launchpad.net/~sevmek/+archive
They include LPIA builds.

After adding the proper repository, this command will install Ekiga 2.9:
$ sudo aptitude install ekiga-snapshot

Those packages are uploaded every day on our own website here:
http://snapshots.ekiga.net/

As some codecs are not freely available everywhere (USA especially), we
separate some codecs in different packages.
The ekiga-snapshot base package include H261 and Theora video codecs. If
you have the rights, you can try H263-1998, Mpeg4-ES and H264 video
codecs installing this package:
$ sudo patitude install libopal-snapshot-plugins-h264

We ask you to test those packages and report bugs you found directly to
us here against the SVN version of Ekiga.:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=ekiga

We also ask people using LPIA devices to report how the new User
Interface fit those devices. Is the usability good ?

Please, do *not* report bugs to Ubuntu bug tracker.

Best regards,
For the Ekiga team, Yannick Defais

Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM
yannick

Le jeudi 14 août 2008 à 12:55 +0200, yannick a écrit :
> The ekiga-snapshot base package include H261 and Theora video codecs.
> If
> you have the rights, you can try H263-1998, Mpeg4-ES and H264 video
> codecs installing this package:
> $ sudo patitude install libopal-snapshot-plugins-h264

CORRECTION:
$ sudo aptitude install libopal-snapshot-plugins-h264

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick@ekiga.net