Old 06-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Stefan Potyra

Default motu-sru extension

Dear MC,

please set up polls for extending motu-sru/replacing retired members [1].
Daniel, maybe you'd also like to transfer team ownership to MC (see [2]).

Candidates:
Stephan Hermann [3]
Scott Kitterman [4]
Cody A.W. Somerville [5]

looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be subject
to discussion.

Thanks,
Stefan.
--
[1]: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-May/003873.html
[2]: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-May/003963.html

Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Michael Bienia

On 2008-06-01 04:44:55 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be subject
> to discussion.

As I had to go out and look after one ~motu-sru member to get my SRUs
ACKed, I'd like to hear from the remaining ~motu-sru members how many
new members should be added to the team to get it operational again.

Michael

Old 06-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Cesare Tirabassi

>Dear MC,
>
>please set up polls for extending motu-sru/replacing retired members [1].
>Daniel, maybe you'd also like to transfer team ownership to MC (see [2]).
>
>Candidates:
>Stephan Hermann [3]
>Scott Kitterman [4]
>Cody A.W. Somerville [5]
>
>looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be
>subject to discussion.

Can I propose to extend the numbers of members in the motu-sru team to 6?
Unless somebody objects we can have a full team up and running again in no
time, with plenty of enthusiasts ready to process all our SRU to everybody's
satisfaction.

Cesare

Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>Dear MC,

>please set up polls for extending motu-sru/replacing retired members [1].

>Daniel, maybe you'd also like to transfer team ownership to MC (see [2]).

>Candidates:

>Stephan Hermann [3]

>Scott Kitterman [4]

>Cody A.W. Somerville [5]

>looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be

>subject to discussion.

Can I propose to extend the numbers of members in the motu-sru team to 6?

Unless somebody objects we can have a full team up and running again in no

time, with plenty of enthusiasts ready to process all our SRU to everybody's

satisfaction.
As one of the people being replaced, I'd like to say that I think the number of people in the team not nearly as important as having people who are dedicated to being an active part of the MOTU SRU team. I personally don't think 6 people are necessary, but I don't see real problems with it and I'd hate to waste good candidates like these :-) +1 from me.

-Jordan

Old 06-03-2008, 11:44 PM
"Chuck Short"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>Dear MC,
>>
>>please set up polls for extending motu-sru/replacing retired members [1].
>>Daniel, maybe you'd also like to transfer team ownership to MC (see [2]).
>>
>>Candidates:
>>Stephan Hermann [3]
>>Scott Kitterman [4]
>>Cody A.W. Somerville [5]
>>
>>looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be
>>subject to discussion.
>
> Can I propose to extend the numbers of members in the motu-sru team to 6?
> Unless somebody objects we can have a full team up and running again in no
> time, with plenty of enthusiasts ready to process all our SRU to everybody's
> satisfaction.
>
> Cesare

I would just like to make a suggestion if you wish to expand the team
then it should cover different timezones since the motu-sru might not
always be available.

Regards
chuck

Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Chuck Short <zulcss@gmail.com> wrote:*<snip>

Hi,

I would just like to make a suggestion if you wish to expand the team

then it should cover different timezones since the motu-sru might not

always be available.
Why is that nessary? When is a member of the SRU team ever needed *immediately*? If that is the case, I don't mind giving out my phone number (if I'm placed on the team).

*

Regards

chuck

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer
Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
Office: 506-458-1290
Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
Fax: 506-453-9112

Cell: 506-449-5899
Email: cody@redcow.ca
http://www.redcow.ca

Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
"Emmet Hikory"

Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> Chuck Short wrote:
>> I would just like to make a suggestion if you wish to expand the team
>> then it should cover different timezones since the motu-sru might not
>> always be available.
>
> Why is that nessary? When is a member of the SRU team ever needed
> *immediately*? If that is the case, I don't mind giving out my phone number

MOTU SRU isn't "needed" immediately, but it's nice to have someone
available for discussion in #ubuntu-motu if one is considering working
on something, and wants a second opinion to verify it's worth doing.

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
"Jordan Mantha"

I would just like to make a suggestion if you wish to expand the team

then it should cover different timezones since the motu-sru might not

always be available.
Why is that nessary? When is a member of the SRU team ever needed *immediately*? If that is the case, I don't mind giving out my phone number (if I'm placed on the team).

*

Well, most SRUs don't need immediate attention (since security follows a different workflow) however it is good to spread timezones because people often do have question for MOTU SRU members or you want to chat with somebody working on an SRU. It's just generally not great to have the whole team in one general timezone. With Stephan and Luka on European timezones, Luke in AU, and John, Cody, and Scott in the Americas we'd have fairly good coverage.

-Jordan

Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM
"Jordan Mantha"

On 2008-06-01 04:44:55 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:

> looks, like we need two members (follow-ups to [1]), but that might be subject

> to discussion.

As I had to go out and look after one ~motu-sru member to get my SRUs

ACKed, I'd like to hear from the remaining ~motu-sru members how many

new members should be added to the team to get it operational again.
Well, I think the minimum would probably be 3 because it's hard to keep a consistent and varied group otherwise and I probably wouldn't go more than 6 or 7 because communication becomes more difficult and productivity tends to go down due to "anonymity". When* it's a fairly small team you know you have to contribute to the team and there's more investment in the team. However, when a team gets large each member's part shrinks and they can tend to get disinterested. But again, this really is really a function of the dynamics of the team and there are ways to effectively use large teams too (having a team lead with subteam works on specific task, or expanding the team's scope).

-Jordan

Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Luca Falavigna