Old 06-04-2008, 03:57 PM
"Emmet Hikory"

Default motu-sru extension

Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Cesare Tirabassi ha scritto:
> | Can I propose to extend the numbers of members in the motu-sru team to 6?
> | Unless somebody objects we can have a full team up and running again
> in no
> | time, with plenty of enthusiasts ready to process all our SRU to
> everybody's
> | satisfaction.
>
> Having more members is not a problem, we can speed up SRU review and
> approval phases, we just need to coordinate and adopt common procedures.
>
> Once new members are in place, I would like to discuss about issues we
> faced in the past, this can be done by mail/irc meeting/MOTU meeting as
> you prefer. If you want, I can write a brief summary of what has been
> done and pending open issues we need to solve, so we have something to
> work on immediately.

I've been advised that the above represents a statement by
MOTU-SRU asking for inclusion as an alternative to the requested poll
(1). Given that this is different to how team members have been
chosen in the past, I'd like to ask that anyone who objects to this
solution reply in the next couple days (48 hours or so).

Also, I'd like to invite the MOTU SRU team to hold a public
meeting with the candidates as soon as possible to establish
procedures and coordination, and reduce the possibility of
organisational delays if there is a polling period.

1: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/motu-council/2008-June/001181.html

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> I'd like to ask that anyone who objects to this
> solution reply in the next couple days (48 hours or so).

As a general policy or just for this case?

Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
"Emmet Hikory"

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Emmet Hikory wrote:
>> I'd like to ask that anyone who objects to this
>> solution reply in the next couple days (48 hours or so).
>
> As a general policy or just for this case?

Just in this case(1), although it may lend itself as possible
precedent as part of the larger conversation about how to select /
elect / appoint / collect / generate our leadership teams.

1: In the interests of restoring the flow of critical bugfixes to our
current stable release.

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>> Emmet Hikory wrote:
>>> I'd like to ask that anyone who objects to this
>>> solution reply in the next couple days (48 hours or so).
>> As a general policy or just for this case?
>
> Just in this case(1),

No objection then

> although it may lend itself as possible
> precedent as part of the larger conversation about how to select /
> elect / appoint / collect / generate our leadership teams.

But that will surely need discussion et al.

Cheers,
Emilio

Old 06-07-2008, 12:56 PM
"Emmet Hikory"

I wrote:
> I've been advised that the above represents a statement by
> MOTU-SRU asking for inclusion as an alternative to the requested poll
> Given that this is different to how team members have been
> chosen in the past, I'd like to ask that anyone who objects to this
> solution reply in the next couple days (48 hours or so).

That was a couple days ago, so:

I have deactvated the memberships of Brandon Holtsclaw and Jordan
Mantha. Much appreciation is due them both for their help with MOTU
SRU in the past, and they deserve all our best wishes with their
current activities.

I have added Cody Somerville, Scott Kitterman, and Stephan Hermann
as new members of MOTU SRU. Please welcome them to the team.

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Luca Falavigna