Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 AM
"Jason (spot) Brower"

Default A call for a packager

There is a program that I and some friends have been working on that
makes Avatars that can be used in mnay ways. One of the most common
ways is for your chat login picture.
This program has been even used to create avatars for the up coming
login program created by macslow. You can see some of the avatars in
his video casts.
We are planning an 2.0 release that will corospond with macslows new
GDM login program. We also want to make it part of the live cd with
the option ot create your avatar while installing your new version of
ubuntu.
Problem is... we don't have a packager and none of us really has any
idea how to do it. Normally I would be willing to learn how, but have
found myself WAY to busy. I was hoping to find someone with some time
to help us out.
The program is written in python and has the basic starts for the
package done by Pete Savage. Bless his heart, he has been able to
make a package for us, but sadly it's not working very well in hardy
and we need some updates.
http://launchpad.net/memaker
If anyone is willing to help package memaker please respond. You can
even contact me personally threw my Jabber Account. encompass gmail
com.
Kind regards,
Jason Brower

Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Morten Kjeldgaard

On Friday 16 May 2008 06:34:38 Jason (spot) Brower wrote:

> There is a program that I and some friends have been working on that
> makes Avatars that can be used in mnay ways. One of the most common
> ways is for your chat login picture.

> If anyone is willing to help package memaker please respond. You can
> even contact me personally threw my Jabber Account. encompass gmail
> com.

This looks like a cool and fun application! I am many people would like to
give a hand in this. However, I'm a bit puzzled here, because there already
seems to be a memaker package in Ubuntu:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/memaker

Is that not your application?

Cheers,
Morten