Old 05-14-2008, 08:54 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

Default sabbatical

Hello MOTU Land,

It has really come to my attention that I need to have a sabbatical time away from Ubuntu development. For people who know me this is no surprise as I've been struggling to get my PhD and "real life" in better order for better than a year now. In recent weeks I've felt increasingly frustrated with some aspects of Ubuntu development and community and I feel like for the betterment of myself and the community I should take some serious time off. I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to come back at some point so I'm considering this a sabbatical and not a goodbye.

Because I'm a firm believer in the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and have a couple of leadership positions within MOTU I'm writing this email as a part of "Step down considerately". Right now I act as the MOTU/LP liaison and a member of the MOTU SRU team, but I will step down from those positions as soon as replacements are found and/or current work is finished.

I cherish the time I've had to work with you all and count many of you as some of my very best friends. Good luck with Intrepid.

-Jordan Mantha

Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 AM
"Richard A. Johnson"

On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Jordan Mantha wrote:
[...]
| I cherish the time I've had to work with you all and count many of you as
| some of my very best friends. Good luck with Intrepid.

I wish you the best with your PhD work and I know you will be back! You know how
to contact me if you need a shoulder to cry on while you miss us all

You rock homeskillet and I appreciate you stepping down considerately. Talk to
you soon!

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal@kubuntu.org

Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 AM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Hey Jordon,

*It has been a pleasure working with you. I'm hoping we can stay in touch and I wish you the best of luck with your PhD!

Cheers,

Cody

*For those of you subscribed to the -motu list that don't know Jordan Mantha, Jordan has done some amazing work over the years. He'll definitely be missed and his lack of presence felt. If you see him on IRC, be sure to give him a big hug and thank you. If you have time, be sure to ask him about the top secret labs at the Department of Education

[...]

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer
Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
Office: 506-458-1290
Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
Fax: 506-453-9112
Cell: 506-449-5899

Email: cody@redcow.ca
http://www.redcow.ca

Old 05-15-2008, 05:28 AM

Hey Jordan!

I hope you enjoy your sabbatical! Thanks for all your work so far.

I'm happy to take over from you with the LP/MOTU liason.

Hobbsee

--
Hobbsee
hobbsee@mailbolt.com

Old 05-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Stephan Hermann

Bad News in the morning,

that isn't a good day to start work...

On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:54:05 -0700
"Jordan Mantha" <mantha@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> [...]
> I'm very hopeful that
> I'll be able to come back at some point so I'm considering this a
> sabbatical and not a goodbye.

Hopefully we and I'll see you at some time again...
Thx for your hard work...and I'm sad that you leave (even when it's
temporarily)

regards,

sh

Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Cesare Tirabassi

>It has really come to my attention that I need to have a sabbatical time
>away from Ubuntu development.

As much as I regret this decision, I understand this is for your good. I'm
looking forward to see you back with us (I'm sure it will be soon).

Good luck Dr. Mantha!

Cesare

Old 05-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Reinhard Tartler

"Jordan Mantha" <mantha@ubuntu.com> writes:

> It has really come to my attention that I need to have a sabbatical time away
> from Ubuntu development.

You can be sure that we will definitely miss you! You have provided lots
of very interesting input together with great work that will definitely
make a gap!

I wish you all the best for your PhD!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

Old 05-17-2008, 04:39 PM
"Caroline Ford"

2008/5/14 Jordan Mantha <mantha@ubuntu.com>:
> Hello MOTU Land,
>
> It has really come to my attention that I need to have a sabbatical time
> away from Ubuntu development. For people who know me this is no surprise as
> I've been struggling to get my PhD and "real life" in better order for
> better than a year now.

/me too

One of the people who keeps Ubuntu development going..

Caroline