Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Stefan Potyra

Default call for REVU admins

Hi,

as intrepid is open, and REVU sees more and more uploads, I'm calling for help
with managing the REVU instance.

Standard jobs to be done is to sync the keyring from time to time, to process
nuked packages on spooky (so that these are really removed from the server's
disk), and to clean up the uploads-queue from binary uploads and/or clutter
(and sometimes put back rejected uploads after the key got picked up from a
keyring sync), and finally to manage account privileges of REVU (e.g. if we
have new MOTUs).

Requirements:
* be trusted by UWSA to be let on spooky
* being able to execute a few simple shell commands there
* spent some time on irc to answer pings regarding REVU problems

So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM
"Emmet Hikory"

Stefan Potyra wrote:
> as intrepid is open, and REVU sees more and more uploads, I'm calling for help
> with managing the REVU instance.
<...>
> So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

I would be happy to be a REVU admin.

--
Emmet HIKORY

Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Sarah Hobbs

Stefan Potyra wrote:

So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

Have done so before, would be happy to do so again.

Hobbsee

Old 05-12-2008, 11:28 AM
"Richard A. Johnson"

On Monday 12 May 2008, Stefan Potyra wrote:
[...]
| So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

I am interested, count me in.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal@kubuntu.org

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
"RaphaŽl Pinson"

So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

Have done so before, would be happy to do so again.

Same here, I can try to find some time for it and I'm very often on IRC.

RaphaŽl

*

Hobbsee

Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Morten Kjeldgaard

Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Matt Darcy

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:

Apologies to Morten, who I replied to directly instead of replying to
the list.

I'll re-state my response for the list.

"I'm available and interested also"

Matt
(Ikonia)

Old 05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
"Zhengpeng Hou"

Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Jonathan Patrick Davies

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:35 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> So if you want to help, please reply in this thread.

I'd be glad to help out.

Jonathan
--
Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com

Old 05-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Stefan Potyra

Hi,

Am Montag 12 Mai 2008 12:35:03 schrieb Stefan Potyra:
> Hi,
>
> as intrepid is open, and REVU sees more and more uploads, I'm calling for
> help with managing the REVU instance.

Excellent, thank you all for your offers to help.

@Matt Darcy and ZhengPeng Hou: I'm sorry, since both of you are no (or no
longer) MOTUs and we imho have enough MOTUs who'd like to help, I'd prefer to
not grant you access to spooky.

Others than that, I'm happy with everyone, hence I'm handing this list over to
UWSA to create the accounts on spooky (and I guess check for ssh-keys as
well, due to the recent incident). Thanks in advance!

Basically, almost all tasks should be doable with rights of the revu1 user
(like cleaning up the incoming queue, syncing the keyring, creating accounts
etc). However IIRC processing removals still requires root privileges. So
please hand out accounts with necessary sudo privileges as you see fit (which
also means to not hand out an account at all, if you're not comfortable with
someone).

Here's the list with names and LP ids:
Emmet Hikory (persia)
Sarah Hobbs (hobbsee)
RaphaŽl Pinson (raphink)
Richard Johnson (nixternal)
Morten Kjeldgaard (mok0)
Jonathan Patrick Davies (jdavies)

Oh, there is no real manual for revu adminning... the best we have so far is:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-March/003470.html

Cheers,
Stefan.